I used to cook all the time, especially when I first went gluten free. I would make every little recipe I found on Pinterest & loved every bit of it! But I haven’t done that in a while. Lately, I’ve been scraping by, just barely needing to cook, to keep myself fed. But it’s time to liven up my menu & get back to the reason why I love to cook!
Plus, it’s just time to get healthier because I’m not getting any younger & as little as I am right now, I know my eating habits are going to catch up with me eventually. Today, I want to share with you a tastebud exploding recipe to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Jalapeño Turkey Burgers on Sweet Potato Buns
1 jalapeno peppers, chopped
1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 medium egg
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp onion powder
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste
2 large sweet potatoes
1 TBSP olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Slice sweet potatoes 1/2 inch thick & place on foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil & add salt & pepper to taste. Place in oven for 20-30 minutes (flipping each potato half way through).
3. While potatoes are roasting, mix in a large bowl: chopped jalapeños, red bell peppers, cheese, egg, ground turkey, GF bread crumbs and seasonings. I like to use my hands but feel free to use a spoon!
4. Heat up a greased skillet to medium heat
5. Form turkey mixture into patties & place on skillet, flipping on each side until cooked.
6. Once everything is cooked, assemble your burger & enjoy!!
How are you livening up your menu this week?