These days there’s a holiday for just about anything every single day & today is no exception. So, Happy National S’mores Day to all you lovely people! In celebration of this revered day, I want to share a yummy s’more treat for all my gluten free homies out there & also share one of my favorite new finds for the gluten free & gluten full alike. If you’re tired of old fashioned s’mores and ready to rejuvenate your taste buds, I present to you a yummy delight that is sure to make this a day you will celebrate for the rest of your life. Go ahead and tell your boss, you’re taking August 10th off next year!
Salted caramel has been all the rage lately & I must admit I’m a bit obsessed. I’m usually not the salty & sweet kind of person. I mean, if you’re going to have sweet, get it sweet and if you’re going to have salty, get it salty; all that sweet & salty hooligans never appealed to me. That is until salted caramel came along & changed my world. I fell in love with the sea salt caramel lollipops you can find in GoPicnic boxes & a few weeks ago I tried salted caramel popcorn & I don’t think I can ever look at regular popcorn the same. But that’s where I got inspiration for today’s recipe. So without further ado:
Gluten Free Salted Caramel S’mores
Gluten Free Graham Style Crackers
Salt in a Grinder
- Grab a cookie sheet & cover with aluminum foil (makes for easy clean up if the marshmallow melts too much in the oven)
- Heat oven to low broil
- Place graham crackers on cookie sheet & place a large marshmallow on top, then chocolate (depending not the size of your graham cracker you might need to use two marshmallows to cover the square)
- Place cookie sheet in oven & watch carefully until marshmallows begin to brown & chocolate begins to melt
- When ready (no more than 2 minutes), pull cookie sheet out and place graham crackers on top
- Place a cup of caramel bits in a microwavable bowl
- Melt caramel in the microwave in increments of 20 seconds, stirring in between
- Once melted, use a spoon to drizzle the melted caramel on the s’more (technique not important!)
- Grind a dash or two of salt onto your s’more & there you have it!
Have I made your mouth water? Let me tell you, if you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’ll love this treat. But if you’re not in the mood for making s’mores today, that’s ok! You can still celebrate this national holiday with one of my favorite new sweet treats called Malvi Mallow Confections. They’re not quite s’mores but pretty dang close, especially if you’re craving s’mores on the go! At my old job, a Malvi representative paid a visit to our studio with all the different Malvi’s they had available. She even brought gluten free Malvi’s so that I could join the fun. Malvi’s come in a variety of fun flavors such as Peppermint Chocolate, Raspberry Hibiscus, Red Velvet, Spiked Expresso, & (wink wink) Vanilla Salted Caramel! Malvi even made Oprah’s O List this month. You can order these delightful treats online, but I’ve also found some at the Whole Foods near me. Unfortunately, though, I haven’t been able to spot the gluten free Malvi’s for sale, but I’ll most definitely look into how I can nab me some more of those!