This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of my little blog!
I love notebooks. Small ones. Big ones. Without Lines. Filled with lines. Thick. Thin. All kinds of notebooks. You can always find me taking notes…like a boss! I jot down a quick note here. Or a long sermon there. You will always find me with a notebook near by. Usually in my purse! And I’m not the kind of girl that uses up a few pages and moves on to the next. I use up my notebooks to the very last page. So today I thought…why not do a little DIY project & make my own DIY notepad with one of my favorite crafting tools, We R Memory Keepers’ The Cinch Binding Machine. (Da da da-dahhhh!)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paper (cut down to size)
- The Cinch
- Binding Spirals
- Chipboard (cut down to size)
- Pretty Paper
- Fancy punch
- Glue and/or Mod Podge
- Wire cutter
- Stamp & ink (optional)
Ready. Set. Craft!
- Prep by cutting all your paper, chipboard, & pretty paper down to your preferred size of notepad.
- Make the cover of your notepad by first gluing down the pretty paper on a piece of chipboard.
- Take a white or kraft sheet of paper & use a fancy punch to design to your heart’s content. I used one of Martha Stewart’s Punch All Over The Page punches.
- When your done, use Mod Podge to paint the adhesive over the back of your white sheet & carefully place over your chipboard that has the pretty paper on it.
- Now it’s time to use The Cinch! It’s kind of tricky when you cut down your notebook to a smaller size, so use some scrap pieces of paper to see exactly where & how you want to your holes to line up.
- Once you’ve figured everything out, punch all your pages & chipboard.
- Put your notebook together & make sure all your holes line up.
- Insert your spirals and cut off any excess.
- Pinch your spirals closed.
- (Optional step) I used a stamp to add a little bit of encouragement to my notepad!
And now you have a beautiful, one-of-a-kind notepad you can take with you to jot down whatever brilliant things come to mind…or gift to a well deserved friend!