This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of my little blog!
I’m obsessed with gold foil. I love it on prints, on invitations, on pillows, I mean…I pretty much love gold foil on anything but that guy’s teeth! I love browsing through Hobby Lobby & admiring all the cutesy, gold foil prints and wall art…but thinking…Hmmm I could totally make that.
You’d be surprised, but making gold foil prints isn’t as hard as you’d think! Today, I want to show you how to make your own DIY gold foil prints.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Laminator (You can find nice, cheap ones like this)
- Toner reactive gold foil
- Washi Tape
- Cardstock paper
Ready, Set, Craft!
- Plug in & turn on your laminator so that it can warm up.
- Print your design or encouraging words on cardstock paper with a toner printer. This will only work with a toner printed print because the gold foil is toner reactive.
- Cut a piece of gold foil so that it completely covers your design.
- Tape down the gold foil in place with a small piece of washi tape on one side. Shiny part facing up.
- Use a few sheets of cardstock underneath your print to provide extra support when inserting your gold foil & print. Carefully insert your print in the laminator, tape side down.
- (optional) I usually put my print through twice to make sure the gold foil transfers beautifully.
- Carefully peel off the gold foil from your print & be extra careful when you peel off the washi tape.
- Feel free to smile and giggle at your beautiful gold foil print as you place your creation into a frame to hang up on your wall.
Every time I peel off the gold foil & see the beautiful results, I get butterflies & giggles! Who knew making gold foil prints could be so easy?!